International Pharmaceutical Inc. (IPI) gives out free Casino Ethyl Alcohol and Bioderm soap to passengers and staff at the Kalibo International Airport.
The activity aims to provide locals and tourists protection against viruses including the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
Casino Ethyl Alcohol is clinically proven and tested to eliminate 99.9% of disease-causing germs. This is made from Ethyl alcohol which is derived from sugar cane so it is mild on the skin.
Meanwhile, Bioderm claims to also kill 99.9% of germs as it is a germicidal soap.
Using alcohol and washing hands with soap are two of the recommendations of the World Health Organization to reduce one’s exposure to and transmission of viruses such as the 2019-nCoV that can cause a range of illnesses.
The following is a list of WHO’s standard recommendations stated on their website.
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand 2. rub or soap and water;
When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands;
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough;
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
- When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.